Educational Material and Courses for CEUs
ELECTROSURGERY IN GI ENDOSCOPY
2.0 Contact Hours
Electrosurgery is used worldwide in the majority of surgical and endoscopic gastrointestinal (GI) procedures. Along with the discovery of anesthesia and antibiotics, electrosurgery is probably one of the more important advantages of modern surgery in terms of preserving life and health. Using Electrosurgery is both an art and a science. Yet, most healthcare professionals have not had any formalized education on the principles of electrosurgery and the safe practices required for positive clinical outcomes and patient safety. This continuing education activity reviews the basic properties of electricity and the principles of electrosurgery and argon enhanced coagulation (AEC), the safe clinical practices for its use, as well as the clinical applications and potential complications of these modalities.”
Learning objectives include:
- Discuss the properties of electricity.
- Explain the basic principles of electrosurgery.
- Identify the precautions necessary to perform electrosurgery safely.
- List the potential complications associated with the use of electrosurgery.
- Describe key considerations related to placement of the dispersive electrode to prevent patient injury.
- Discuss the basic principles of argon enhanced coagulation.
- Identify the precautions necessary to perform AEC safely in surgical and GI endoscopic procedures.
To learn more about Electrosurgery in GI Endoscopy, please contact your local Erbe Sales Representative or call Clinical Education and Support at 1-800-778-Erbe (3723).
Argon Plasma Coagulation in Flexible Endoscopy
A Nursing Self-Study Activity
2.0 Nursing Contact Hours
The purpose of this educational activity is designed for nurses, technologists, and other healthcare professionals who are interested in learning more about the applications and safe use of argon plasma coagulation in flexible endoscopic procedures.
Learning objectives include:
- Discuss the basic principles of electricity and electrosurgery as they relate to argon plasma coagulation.
- Outline the clinical benefits of using argon plasma coagulation endoscopically over electrosurgery and laser modalities.
- Identify the components of an endoscopic argon plasma coagulation system.
- List the safety precautions that should be implemented when using electrosurgery and argon plasma coagulation.
- Describe the results of endoscopic applications of argon plasma coagulation as reported in the literature.
- Discuss the clinical implications for the safe use of argon plasma coagulation in flexible endoscopy.
To participate in the learning activity Argon Plasma Coagulation in Flexible Endoscopy , please contact your local Erbe Sales Representative or call Clinical Education and Support at 1-800-778-Erbe (3723) .